China Team Journal


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thought for the Day: "You will miss 100% of your shots you don't shoot..."

Journal by: Anna Morgan

It seems to me Thursdays and Fridays are the hardest days for me to wake up. Somehow I managed to wake up around 6:30 to get ready for breakfast. At 7 o'clock I'm down to our little room and hungry. Once breakfast is finished we are off to teach the English teachers the knowledge we know.

For my mom and me we were ready to teach them fun and exciting activities. We answered questions then wrote a note to Anne saying " Our students would appreciate it if you came in and sang some songs in a free time." Seconds after she got that note she was in our room singing away! The teachers loved it!! When my mom and I squeaked and squawked trying to sing along, our students somehow covered up our furious singing with their angel like voices. Once that was done we were doing many different skits and paper activities. In the afternoon the whole team came to play some games with the teachers.

We had basketball, charades, and "can't say yes can't say no". Many of the female teachers were wearing high heels but still played perfectly fine. These games went on for 2 hours. In the end, the students gathered together to say their good byes to Anne and Lynn. Then everyone was off for the weekend.

0 comments: